Sunday, April 27, 2008

Ok I installed Drupal - now what ?!

I have successfully installed on my localhost server. I am now looking for a basic tutorial that shows how I can create a website (i.e. web pages) - and I am coming up with nothing.

So I have installed drupal, and I am now looking at a blank screen - I have no idea (because I can't find any information that tells me) how to do the following:

1). Set up a homepage (i.e. create navigational menus and their associated links)
2). Add additional pages
3). Apply one of the many available themes for use to my website

I have an existing website which is written in HTML/PHP and layout is provided by CSS. I would like to use these pages in my new drupal website - again, after several hours searching the internat, I can't find any info that shows how I can use/import/transform my existing pages into drupal.

Last but not the least, I have a customized user registration wizard that has several steps (HTML+PHP), which I would like to replicate in drupal - again no information to be found....

Also, I have a PHP script that needs to be run once every day (as a chron job) - does anyone know how I can get drupal to run the php script as a chron job?

read more