Sunday, April 27, 2008

GCC 3.4.6 issue with namespaces names

Hi ,
I am using gcc3.4.6 and having an issue with collisioning of namespaces
I am using two seperate namespaces , one is in thirdparty library code and then my own code I am using my own name space but i get the following error
/usr/local64/include/xercesc/dom/DOMException.hpp:211: error: use of `ExceptionCode' is ambiguous
/home/t/cvs/a/src/A/include/acexceptions.h:44: error: first declared as `enum ACTypes::ExceptionCode' here
/home/t/cvs/a/src/A/include/pursetypes.h:6: error: also declared as `typedef int PurseManager::ExceptionCode' here
In file included from /usr/local64/include/xercesc/dom/DOM.hpp:116,


I don't want to change the thirdparty code , Is there a gcc flag that I can force it to stop it complaining as this works with other compilers solaris and hp and later versions of Gcc 4.1.X

Please advise .

Thanks