Monday, April 28, 2008

Black screen when pc wakes up

I have no other monitors but will try the F keys next wake with blank screen.

"Lawr" wrote:

> I had this problem ONCE for some reason, and pressing the right keys to
> switch between monitor displays worked for me. On my HP Dv6000 its the
> function key with F4 to switch monitor displays, like when you plug in a
> lead to show the laptop screen on the TV. Strange that this happened to me
> once, and fixed it with this.
>
> "gregrocker" <gregrocker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:76CE8E17-A5E9-4D7E-84CA-0AB9C70A97AA@microsoft.com...
> > Hi when I wake up my eMachine t5234 by hitting return, it only displays a
> > black screen. I know the monitor is on because when I turn off/on the
> > power
> > switch it displays the Acer logo but then goes black again. I have to
> > restart my computer using the power button and then it displays properly.
> > It
> > was previously waking up fine. Any known fix?
>